What is it and is it for me?
- CBD or Cannabidiol is a cannabis compound that may have significant medical benefits
- Legal CBD oil is derived from the Hemp plant and does not have the active ingredient THC
- THC is the molecule in marijuana that will cause a person to feel euphoric
What problems can CBD help?
- According to government backed studies, CBD can have beneficial effects on the following:
–Inflammation in the body caused from exercise or stress
Is CBD safe?
- CBD is a safe product to ingest or use topically
- Some of the controversies stem from the following issues
–What is the proper dosage?
–Where is the CBD being sourced from (do not buy online) Link to Upenn study
–Interactions with medications
- The safest approach is to purchase from a safe and known distributor/professional
IS CBD Legal?
- CBD from industrialized Hemp is legal in all 50 states
- CBD does not create a high effect, but it can make you feel drowsy (this is where it can help with sleep)
- It is non-toxic and safe
- It is derived from a whole plant so it is not synthetic and is typically not exposed to pesticides if you are purchasing from a reliable source
When do I use it?
- There are two methods of use:
2.Sublingual drops (under your tongue)
- The next few slides will go over the different uses and why.
- Here are a few links to articles showing the benefits for general problems
- Topical ointment is good for the following conditions:
2.Muscles aches related to exercise
4.Ankle & Foot Pain
- Apply the ointment in the morning and use a heat source to help with getting blood flow to the skin
- The ointment seems to work the best when applying after a shower while your pores are open and typically you have good superficial blood flow from the heat
- You can reapply multiple times in a day until your symptoms are gone
- The drops are best used for a whole body approach
- Typically people taking these are looking to:
–Reduce overall inflammation
- As with any supplement, people are going to react different.
- I recommend going through a 500mg bottle before determining if your body responded well
- The dosage should be cycled on and off to prevent a tolerance build up
- I’ve found that people who have taken a full bottle and say they didn’t notice much realize later on that their body was responding but they didn’t know until they stopped the drops
- I recommend a whole drop per day for 1 week, then you cycle into 2 days on and 2 days off
- When using the dropper, you should allow the CBD oil to sit under the tongue for 2-3 minutes
- People typically know their body and understand if a higher dosage is needed
- Personally for me, I metabolize supplements quickly so I needed a higher dosage to start
- As you get older, your metabolism is not as efficient so taking the drops twice a day with the cycling of 2 days on and 2 days off has worked well for most
Infusion Body butter
- There is also some body butter for moisturizing and restoring skin health
- This would be used on an as needed basis depending on your level of skin damage
- I encourage people who like to try it to compare it to current products they use
- If the hemp body butter makes a difference, then it is something you should use
CBD Oil – Overall View
- In conclusion, I have found the drops to help patients with anxiety, sleep and overall reduction in body inflammation
- The ointment has done well for people with arthritic conditions in their knees, hips, shoulders and elbows
- Neither of these products are meant to replace medication, but rather to complement and potentially reduce the need to use a pharmaceutical grade product