What is it and is it for me?
- CBD or Cannabidiol is a cannabis compound that may have significant medical benefits
- Legal CBD oil is derived from the Hemp plant and does not have the active ingredient THC
- THC is the molecule in marijuana that will cause a person to feel euphoric
What problems can CBD help?
- According to government backed studies, CBD can have beneficial effects on the following:
–Inflammation in the body caused from exercise or stress
Is CBD safe?
- CBD is a safe product to ingest or use topically
- Some of the controversies stem from the following issues
–What is the proper dosage?
–Interactions with medications
- The safest approach is to purchase from a safe and known distributor/professional
IS CBD Legal?
- CBD from industrialized Hemp is legal in all 50 states
- CBD does not create a high effect, but it can make you feel drowsy (this is where it can help with sleep)
- It is non-toxic and safe
- It is derived from a whole plant so it is not synthetic and is typically not exposed to pesticides if you are purchasing from a reliable source
When do I use it?
- There are two methods of use:
2.Sublingual drops (under your tongue)
- The next few slides will go over the different uses and why.
- Here are a few links to articles showing the benefits for general problems
- Topical ointment is good for the following conditions:
2.Muscles aches related to exercise
4.Ankle & Foot Pain
- Apply the ointment in the morning and use a heat source to help with getting blood flow to the skin
- The ointment seems to work the best when applying after a shower while your pores are open and typically you have good superficial blood flow from the heat
- You can reapply multiple times in a day until your symptoms are gone
- The drops are best used for a whole body approach
- Typically people taking these are looking to:
–Reduce overall inflammation
- As with any supplement, people are going to react different.
- I recommend going through a 500mg bottle before determining if your body responded well
- The dosage should be cycled on and off to prevent a tolerance build up
- I’ve found that people who have taken a full bottle and say they didn’t notice much realize later on that their body was responding but they didn’t know until they stopped the drops
- I recommend a whole drop per day for 1 week, then you cycle into 2 days on and 2 days off
- When using the dropper, you should allow the CBD oil to sit under the tongue for 2-3 minutes
- People typically know their body and understand if a higher dosage is needed
- Personally for me, I metabolize supplements quickly so I needed a higher dosage to start
- As you get older, your metabolism is not as efficient so taking the drops twice a day with the cycling of 2 days on and 2 days off has worked well for most
Infusion Body butter
- There is also some body butter for moisturizing and restoring skin health
- This would be used on an as needed basis depending on your level of skin damage
- I encourage people who like to try it to compare it to current products they use
- If the hemp body butter makes a difference, then it is something you should use
CBD Oil – Overall View
- In conclusion, I have found the drops to help patients with anxiety, sleep and overall reduction in body inflammation
- The ointment has done well for people with arthritic conditions in their knees, hips, shoulders and elbows
- Neither of these products are meant to replace medication, but rather to complement and potentially reduce the need to use a pharmaceutical grade product